1. Travel insurance, spending money, meals, passports, visas, transport to and from departure point and all other ancillary costs, as well as obtaining any of these, are not included in the prize and are the responsibility of The Finalists.
2. Once booked, any changes made to the booking may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee, at the cost of The Finalists.
3. In the event of a state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of Sales Talent Agency (Founding Sponsor), the Founding Sponsor reserves the right to either provide an alternative travel destination to the same value as the original prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
4. All information provided by contestants will not be sold to third parties. However, by agreeing to take part in The Great Canadian Sales Competition (Competition), the Entrants, Semi-Finalists and Finalists may be contacted about employment opportunities from the Competition Sponsors and/or Competition Updates.
5. Throughout the Competition, the Founding Sponsor and Competition Sponsors may take videos and images of the Entrant that may be used in brochures, in the Sponsor's advertising, and on the Sponsor's website. All participants of The Competition authorize the Sponsor to use his/her image (such as photograph, videotape, film or pictorial representation or recorded voice). If you do not wish for this to happen please notify the Founding Sponsor in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Competition Director, #310-96 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5V 2J6.
6. Flight will be provided from the closest International airport. Transportation to airport will not be covered by the Sponsor.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
In order to be considered for for the Semi-Final Round the entrant must be invited to participate on January 2nd, 2019. To quality for the semi-finals the Entrant must have applied during Round 1 of The Competition. Round 1 of The Great Canadian Sales Competition started on September 4th, 2018 and ended on December 4th, 2018.
The Competition is open to residents of Canada who are students at an accredited college or university at the point of application (proof may be required). Entrants must have a valid email address in order to enter. The Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations.
HOW TO ENTER:
During the Semi-Final Round, semi-finalists (who will be notified by e-mail) must film a 1-2 minute video pitching a specific product/service provided by an assigned sponsor. The semi-finalist must then upload the video to the Competition website at www.greatcanadiansalescompetition.com. Before the video is uploaded, the semi-finalist will also be required to provide his/her name and contact information.
Semi-Finalists may only enter one video submission and must be done on an individual basis. A semi-finalist may only enter a pitch completed by him/her.
Any video that the Sponsor deems, in its sole discretion, to not comply with the VIDEO REQUIREMENTS (below) or to otherwise violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules will be removed from the Contest.
The Founding Sponsor nor the Competition Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible videos. Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process or the legitimate operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
LICENSE/USE OF ENTRIES:
By submitting a video, each semi-finalist gives the Founding Sponsor a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up license to use, reproduce, edit, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display his/her video, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes;
Videos must meet the following “Video Requirements”:
· must be the original work of the semi-finalist, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
· must not contain, as determined by the Founding Sponsor in its sole discretion, any content that: is sexually explicit; violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane, vulgar, offensive; contains nudity; promotes alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons; promotes any activities that may be or appear to be unsafe or dangerous or illegal; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging or defamatory remarks about other people or companies; contains copyrighted materials owned by others; and/or violates any law or regulation; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by The Sponsor in its sole discretion.
By submitting a Video, the semi-finalist warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Video consent to the submission and use of the Video in The Competition, and the license to use the Video in accordance with these Official Rules. By submitting a Video, The Entrant hereby grants permission for the Video to be posted in any format associated with the Founding Sponsor including on social media and on the websites of The Sponsor and partnering sponsors of the Competition.
All eligible videos received between Feb 1st and Feb 25 will be reviewed by the respective sponsor pitched by the semi-finalist. One person from each group will be invited to take part in the Finals (April 4, 2019).
The Winner of The Competition will be determined by a panel of judges, who will be declared no later than April 4, 2019.
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period and the quality of the Videos submitted.
RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION:
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD THE RELEASED PARTIES HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS, COSTS AND PAYMENTS FOR DAMAGES, LOSS, INJURY, OR DEATH, HOWEVER OCCURRING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST OR ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, THE PRIZE.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. When you enter the Contest, Facebook will not collect your personal information. By entering the Contest, an Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all liability associated with this promotion.
THE FOUNDING SPONSOR:
Sales Talent Agency: #310-96 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5V 2J6