1. By entering the Think big, think Ocean competition (the “Competition”), you hereby accept all the present Terms & Conditions and warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. SeaChange (the “Organizer”) reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
2. The Competition is open to individuals from Members States of the European Union only.
3. Applicants may submit more than one entry, provided that entries submitted by the same applicant are not substantially similar.
4. All entries must not: a. violate the intellectual property rights of third parties; b. be illegal under applicable national laws and international law; and c. depict or incite hatred, defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten a specific person or social group, incite violence or conflict or otherwise violate the legal rights of third parties (including those of privacy and publicity).
5. All applicants will retain theintellectual property rights on the contents of their submissions. However, by entering the Competition, each applicant grants the Organizer a limited, non-exclusive, global, three-year royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, communicate, demonstrate, make available for public display and distribute the content of his/her submission for the Organizer’s marketing, promotional, informational and educational or awareness purposes, via printed or digital or online media, including the Organizer’s website. The applicant hereby represents that he/she has the legal right to grant such license to the Organizer.
6. The winners permit the Organizer to use the winners’ name, the prize awarded, likeness and/or photograph for marketing, promotional and awareness purposes in any media, worldwide, at no cost for the Organizer or remuneration for the winners.
7. Applicants agree to release and holdharmlessthe Organizer from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights arising out of or relating to their participation in the Competition and the contents of their submissions.
8. The Organizer reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any submission which does not comply with the present Terms and Conditions. Ideas which the Organizer deems to be off topic, out of line with the Challenge brief plagiarized, spam, advertisements for unrelated projects or otherwise to violate the rules or spirit of the competition are subject to removal. Efforts will be made to inform the authors of the removal of their idea.
9. The Organizer is not responsible for lost, late, corrupted, mutilated or misdirected submissions, or submissions not received in time for judging.
10. The Organizer shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Competition without any future obligation, by notifying the applicants via an announcement at www.seachangproject.eu.
11. The jury’s decision is final in every situation.
12. If a winning entrant isunable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, SeaChange reserves the right to offer the prize to the next best entry.
13. SeaChange reserves the right not to select a winner or winners if entries received are judged to be of insufficient quality, whether at national or European level.
14. All visible participants in the video have acknowledged the present Terms and Conditions and consented to the video being displayed and broadcasted publicly. In case minors are visible, their parents or guardians must have acknowledged the present Terms and Conditions and agreed to their children appearing in the video.
15. Winning a prize does not guarantee that your idea will be realized. Other ideas may be realized, even if they did not win a prize.
16. You can enter as an individual, or on behalf of a team. Should a winning entry be the result of a team effort, the team shall appoint one representative among its members to whom the prize will be awarded. All team members must meet the citizenship requirements.
17. Any language can be used in the video. Video entries are preferably in English. If not, they must be accompanied by sub-titles in English to guarantee wide understanding.
18. The video must nog exceed 2 minutes in length. Any submitted entry of a longer length will not be considered.
19. The video can be in any format (e.g. video message, animation, documentary, music video, dynamic infographic, etc.).